viernes, 19 de octubre de 2018


Blog #6 OVERCOMING OBSTACLES


When Maria Cardenas said, “Stand on their own two feet” is because she gives support and attention to her students to live stronger and overcome trials in life despite hardships. According to Maria “But unlike me, they do not sit in the back of the classroom, scared and ignored. Unlike me, they do not hear that they will never do more than travel the country picking crops. They are growing up knowing that, like their teacher, they can stand on their two feet.” For instance, the students do not live what Maria lived, But now she encourage them to persist in their dreams no matter the adversity. Hence each child need emotional security, someone who trust them and encourages them to fulfill their goals.

I grew up very close to my family, thinking that the world was small and easy to handle, unlike when I came to the United States the protection I had in my family disappeared. Also new challenges like the college, because I did not understand the language. But live in a new family it is complicated; As well as understand new ideologies and different customs. Finally work because I had never worked, and I did not know how to defend myself or just take small breaks to drink water. Definitely worth it because I am learning a language so I have new opportunities and more likely to meet my goals. Next, learn from others as I am learning from each member of my family, get used to their ways of acting and thinking. I have met people and friends at work who have taught me many things such as taking breaks as a leader starting by guiding myself. This brings me to appreciate the value of every detail in life, such as friends, family, work, school each with its own difficulties. I feel satisfice, because I am still learning English and I never want to stop learning, and to show others that I can really stay in the college and working at the same time I am a living example that if you can still not have the sufficient resources economic to pay, but with effort is possible. Finally my family supported me and I feel better every time in the United States, although I still miss another part of the family in El Salvador. I have new friends and that makes me understand many morphs of acting and different ways of relating to each other. Again it is important to overcome each difficulty and have the support of someone important, when it is most needed, to be strong and move on.

5 comentarios:

  1. if I didnt live near my family or didn't see them for a while.it would hit me hard my family means everything to me.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I know how you feel, it hard being away from you family

    ResponderEliminar
  3. my family means everything to me as well , without them where i be right now.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I know how you feel by moving to United state also i said something similar

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I'm lucky, I didn't leave home yet, I do not look forward to moving out.

    ResponderEliminar

blog 10

Metacognitive  This semester 2019 I learned to develop academically in my English. As well, in developing myself more desirable in any ...